We are Bank North Limited (“Bank North”) our Company Registration number is 947662 and our Head Office address is Bank North, Suite 20a, Manchester One, 53 Portland St, Manchester, M1 3LD.
Bank North Limited (“Bank North”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you as part of the recruitment process, in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
In this notice Bank North provide examples of how personal data is collected and how it is used. You can contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about this notice, would like further information about the points raised or to exercise any of your rights.
This Privacy Notice applies to all job applicants and candidates as you go through the recruitment process and we encourage you to read this notice carefully. Should you be successful in your application for a role at Bank North, our separate Employee Privacy Notice shall apply.
Bank North is a data controller, which means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you and where we send it. This notice explains to you what decisions we have taken in relation to that information.
Bank North have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we use your personal information, please contact DPO@banknorth.co.uk.
Bank North collects and processes a range of information about you, which includes:
· your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
· details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
· information from interviews, psychometric testing and any other activity which forms part of the assessment process that you have taken part in;
· information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
· information about your entitlement to work in the UK;
· equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health and religion or belief; and
· data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer has been made to you.
Bank North collects this information from a variety of sources, including:
· your employment application forms and curriculum vitae;
· your passport or other identity documents such as your driving licence;
· from correspondence with you;
· through interviews, meetings or other assessments;
· from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers;
· information from employment background check providers;
· information from credit reference agencies;
· information obtained from publicly available sources (such as LinkedIn); and
· information from criminal records checks permitted by law.
Bank North collect and process your data for a number of purposes and where we have a legal basis to do so, as follows, to:
· assess your suitability for the role you have applied for, or to take steps to enter into a contract if your application is successful;
· comply with all and any legal or regulatory obligations; and/or
· consider whether we need to make adjustments during the recruitment process, due to any medical condition or disability. If we offer you a role, we may also collect health information to consider whether any adjustments need to be made to your role and in order to comply with health and safety legislation.
Where Bank North processes special categories of your personal data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, this is done only for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring. Data Bank North uses for this purpose is anonymised or collected with your express consent, which can be withdrawn at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer. You are entirely free to decide whether or not to provide such data and there are no consequences for failing to do so.
Your information may be shared internally within the company for the purposes of the recruitment process. This includes members of the HR team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, and managers in the business area with a vacancy.
Bank North will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and an offer of employment is made. We will then share your data with former employers in order to obtain references and with selected third parties in order to carry out background checks.
In addition, Bank North may need to share your personal information with a regulator or otherwise to comply with the law.
Bank North takes the security of your data very seriously. Bank North applies appropriate technical and organisational measures, which include our policies and controls, to ensure your data kept secure, accurate and, only used by the people and for the purpose for which it was collected.
All third-party providers who process your personal data on behalf of Bank North are subject to similar stringent requirements as Bank North, to ensure the safety and security of your data.
If you apply, are recommended or put forward by a third party for an advertised role but following the assessment process you are unsuccessful, Bank North will hold your data on file for 12 months. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed (unless we need to retain it for longer to exercise or defend any legal claims).
Any speculative applications for roles, or unsolicited CVs that are sent to Bank North will be deleted, unless taken forward for role, where they will be treated as described above.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which employee data is held will be provided to you in a separate privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights under UK GDPR:
· You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
· You have the right to access and receive a copy of your personal data;
· You have the right have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete;
· You have the right to have your personal data erased;
· You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data;
· You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services;
· You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and;
· You have rights in relation to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you would like more information or would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact DPO@banknorth.co.uk .
Certain information must be provided to enable Bank North to consider your application as part of the recruitment process and determine your suitability for the role you have applied for. If you do not provide information this will hinder Bank North’s ability to assess your application fully.
If you are unhappy with how Bank North have handled your personal information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you believe that Bank North has not complied with your data protection rights, and you are not satisfied with our response or actions you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can call their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or you can visit their website (www.ico.org.uk) for information on how to make a data protection complaint.